Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of a Market Leader who are looking to recruit an experienced, confident Finance Assistant to join them in their offices in Cambridge on an ongoing temporary basis with a view to become permanent.
- Supporting the Contract Management Team by providing full Administration support.
- Ensuring appropriate systems of internal control are maintained and development of and adherence to company procedures.
Support with all Finance Administration duties to include:
- Invoice queries.
- Chasing suppliers for goods received notes.
- Processing orders.
- Chasing and processing missed time-sheets.
- Liaison on inter-company balances and invoicing.
- Liaison with processing teams to ensure timely and effective processing of transactions on the financial system.
- Maintenance of accounting system via journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Competencies / Requirements
- Very strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and computerised accounting systems.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Exercises sound judgement and adds value through challenge where appropriate.
- Has personal drive and commitment to delivery of results.
- Demonstrates analytical, creative and proactive thinking.
- Technically competent and well versed in financial disciplines.
- Ideally has experience in either the Construction, Highways Maintenance or Utilities Industries.
- Accounting System
- Administration Duties
- Microsoft Excel