If you would like further information regarding the role please do not hessitate to contact Kyle Raven on 01752 230 010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist the Finance Business Partner in the effective delivery of financial and accounting services for companies within the group. The post-holders main role will be based in the purchase ledger function with potential assistance provided in various other accounting support duties.
CONTACTS AND BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITY
• The Finance Officer will have frequent contact with external suppliers and contractors.
• The Finance Officer will have close contact with all members of the finance team and colleagues across the group.
1. Responsible for the administration of purchase ledgers, including:
a) Review and maintain the aged creditors listing
b) Review and maintain the purchase invoice register, including assisting with preparation of month end accruals as required
c) Reconciliation of supplier statements to the purchase ledger and prepare weekly payment runs
d) Dealing with queries
2. To provide support for purchase ledger processing, including the registering of received purchase invoices and distribution for authorisation
3. Assist in maintaining the Purchase Ledgers of Group companies
4. Processing invoices in accordance with Financial Regulations and procedures following appropriate certification
5. Support the Group’s sales ledgers including processing of debtors invoices and credit notes onto customer accounts and performing credit control process.
6. Provide cover for other members of the finance team
7. To undertake any other tasks as required.
8. To provide ADHOC support to other companies within the group.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Practical experience of working a finance office environment, working on purchase ledgers
Good working knowledge of accounting IT applications, including spreadsheets.
Good administrative & organisational skills.
Good numeracy skills
Good general IT Skills with experience of excel, email and word processing
Thorough and good attention to detail, maintaining high quality of output even when handling large volumes of processing
Manages and prioritises time and tasks effectively
Ability to work to deadlines
Good follow-up skills, seeing things through to a high quality finish every time
Ability to work on own initiative whilst recognising when to ask for clarification or direction
Promotes partnerships and collaborative working in teams
Good telephone manner
Communicates clearly, both orally and in writing
Remains focused and productive and maintains quality of work when under pressure
Shows patience, tolerance, respect and consideration for others
Accepts and tackles challenges with enthusiasm
Commitment to providing excellent Customer Service
Values equality and diversity and takes appropriate action when there is evidence of discrimination or inequality
Educated to GCSE Grade A-C or equivalent level 2 qualification in English & Maths.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job