Your new role
Ensure all accounting processes and procedures and internal controls are adhered to. Assist in the effective and efficient operations of the financial management systems.
Daily and Monthly reconciliations of all Group Bank Balances and Group Procurement Cards.
Volume of Banking Transactions monthly - 1150 (approx.)
Procurement Cards - 30+ Company Cards
To manage information and compilation of records to support the Management Accounts and Financial Statements. To complete the required Accruals, Prepayments required for the accounts being managed. To ensure that reconciliations are carried out on a monthly basis to ensure accurate monthly information for the Management Accounts. To ensure that monthly reports are provided on a timely manner ensuring the Balance Sheet control accounts are accurate.
- Ensure daily receipts received in Finance are recorded and banked on a timely basis.
- Ensure all bank transaction income and expenditure is posted into the Cashbook on Open Accounts.
- Reconcile the Group's bank accounts on a daily & monthly basis.
- Reconciliation of Group's Procurement cards Management of group ad hoc payments through Chaps, Faster Payments and Procurement Cards.
- Reconciliation of all alternative payment methods introduced in line with new technology.
- Monthly accruals for Group Bank Charges & Interest for the Management Accounts Produce group monthly reconciliations for income, suspense accounts, bank balances, bank interest, bank charges and Direct Debits. Maintain details of all Group Standing Orders/Direct Debits and the dates, frequency of payments. To ensure all Policies & procedures are maintained
What you'll need to succeed
Reporting to the finance manager, you will be a good communicator and be able to work in a team and on your own. Must be comfortable with high volumes of banking transactions and the reconciliations. Cashbook experience is essential.
What you'll get in return
£20,000 - £23,000, pension, free parking, 23 days plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.