FDM Group is seeking an enthusiastic professional to join our Brighton based Finance Team as a Finance Assistant.
FDM Group is a global professional services provider with a focus on IT, working with over 130 clients across multiple business sectors. FDM’s business model is both unique and robust, bringing people and technology together in the most effective way. FDM is the UK’s leading IT graduate employer and has global operations in Europe, North America, Africa and APAC. The Group is one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and in 2014 listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, the Finance Assistant works within the Finance team.
Sitting within the credit control team the finance assistant is responsible for their own portfolio of international clients who pay via self-bill. Key aspects of the role will be timely reconciliation of client remittances to our internally raised invoices, query management, resolution of discrepancies and reduction of aged debt.
- Active debt chasing and reconciliation across international sales ledgers;
- Ownership for a portfolio of international clients;
- Key debtor account management;
- Develop improvements to credit control and billing processes;
- Minimising aged debt and DSO across the Group;
- Ability to take ownership of work and adhere to collection targets under pressure;
- Numerically minded and skilled at reconciliations;
- Determined character with ability to take tasks to completion;
- Ability to build excellent rapport with both internal and external international stakeholders;
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Professional business conduct in person, on telephone and written communication;
- Strong excel skills, use of pivot tables and v-lookup function would be preferable.