Salary - £14,000-£15,000 per annum
LifeLine Projects is charitable organization serving the community by delivering public services (such as childcare, young people contracts, alternative schooling and employment and training).
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Assistant - on an immediate. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for providing financial and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations and reporting.
The role will include:
- Purchase invoice entry and queries.
- Bank and cash reconciliations are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Petty cash is reconciled and colleagues are assisted in keeping control of their floats.
- Raising Nursery Fee invoices and dealing with account enquiries and queries from parents and carers.
- Data input and maintenance of the Nursery management software Kindersoft.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Credit Control duties and reviews of all sales and purchase ledger balances are conducted alongside the Finance Manager.
- Performing monthly payroll duties
- General ad-hoc administration such as photocopying and locating of invoices are completed in a timely manner.
- Filing of all documentation is kept up to date and safeguarded appropriately.
- Purchase ledger authorisation controls are properly exercised and colleagues are both supported and challenged where necessary regarding financial protocols.
- Finance procedure manuals are checked and updated on a regular basis.
- Back office functions are supported on an ad-hoc basis as required
- The Finance Manager is notified when agreed deadlines cannot be met so that appropriate measures can be put in place.
The successful applicant will be required to hold a Finance related qualification or be working towards at least AAT. Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and have working knowledge of Sage 50 and Sage Payroll.
The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, with good organisational skills and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
This role is for an immediate start.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Petty Cash
- Sage Accounts