Our goal is to find: the right talent the right job
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Near Hitchin
- Salary: £23,000 - £25,000
- Contract: Permanent, 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
- Have you worked as a Finance Assistant previously?
- Are you experienced working within credit control?
- Are you AAT qualified? Although this is not essential.
- Have you dealt with internal queries regarding payments and ensured clients are paid on time?
- Is completing VAT returns something you’re familiar with?
- Maybe you've used Xero before and this is something you're familiar with?
- Do you have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing?
- Do you have the ability to keep client matters strictly confidential?
- Can you work quickly and accurately and have a keen eye for detail?
- Are you happy to work alone and can you be flexible if needed?
- Can you work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines?
- Are you looking for a career and not just a job?
- The prime function of this role is to carry out the credit control function for the firm as well as assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day functions of the department.
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring clients pay on time and negotiating re-payment plans
- Ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner
- Meet cash & debtor day targets set by the Firm
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Regularly making contact with clients to ensure all relevant debts are managed as necessary
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required including the collection of Direct Debits
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- If any clients stop paying or pay late then it's your responsibility to inform management and potentially stop providing services.
- Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
- Processing purchase invoices, expense claims and credit cards
- Completing VAT returns
- Checking company bank statements and reconciling
- Dealing with prepayments and accruals
- Assisting with the company’s payroll
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by Clients and Partners.
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Being able to communicate at all levels
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Partners or Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- An eye for detail
- An ability to work to deadlines
- An ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
- Must be able to keep matters strictly confidential
- Use of Xero would be an advantage
- Useful qualifications include AAT
About TalentHQ Recruitment:
TalentHQ Ltd are an "Award Winning" recruitment consultancy which is headed up by a team of talented consultants.
Within our HQ we specialise in adding 'talent' within Temporary & Permanent positions across all Business Support roles from Junior to Senior Management.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s businesses throughout the UK.
Awards: FSB Hertfordshire - Best New Business - Winners 2014 & Most Inspiring New Business 2015.
- Credit Control
- Management Accounts
- Finance Assistant