School Administrator / Finance Assistant Position, Temporary, Commencing 8th Jan
Your new company
A secondary school located in the Newent area are seeking a school experienced administrator and finance assistant to support the school office. The senior leadership team are both supportive and welcoming to new staff members. Your new role The responsibilities within this position are administrative / secretarial and financial:
Your new role
* Receiving and handling telephone enquiries, dealing with queries and providing general information about the school
* Acting as first point of contact for visitors and creating a pleasant reception area;
* Maintaining pupil and staff records and completing of returns to the LEA, DfES and others, as appropriate;
* Completing weekly & termly attendance figures in class registers;
* recording of all out-going mail;
* maintaining the School Fund accounts;
* undertaking routine financial administration - collecting, recording and banking of dinner money, apple money and School Fund money;
* analyse financial information provided by the LEA, prepare statements of accounts for the Headteacher and governors, and provide other financial information as required;
* be responsible for recording, committing and settling invoices and for all expenditure relating to the school, including petty cash, travel claims, etc;
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful within this post, you must be an experienced school administrator, competent with both the use of SIMS and FMS (School Information Management System). You will be able to cope with the demands of a busy school office, remaining able to prioritise and organise your work efficiently.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work within an exceptional Secondary School in the Newent area. You will be offered a pay rate of £9.50 per hour depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job