Finance Assistant / Manchester / Salary £20K-£23K / Permanent
I am representing a fantastic established company based in Manchester. You will be joining a growing accounts team, working within a fun, passionate & caring office:
Duties & responsibilities:
* Using Sage
* Monitoring customers on the Sales Ledger ensuring all overdue debts are chased by telephone, letter and email.
* Responsible for the continued high levels of customer service and relationship building for both business to customer and business to business accounts.
* Provide a quality service to customers ensuring that written and verbal queries are dealt with in accordance with the set procedures.
* Liaise with Customer Service department to resolve any outstanding issues/queries.
* Preparation of Sales Ledger refunds.
* Managing incoming correspondence within the credit control mailboxes.
* Perform credit checks for new customers according to the procedure.
* Enter into negotiations with customers regarding overdue accounts.
* Ensure site disconnection is carried out according to the set procedure where applicable.
* Identifying potential bad debts requiring particular supervision and, where necessary, discussing concerns with both the Sales Ledger Manager and Group Finance Manager to ascertain what action should be taken.
* Collate all necessary information relating to unrecovered debts prior to forwarding for legal referral.
* Ensure all sales Ledger accounts are maintained, payment terms are set, credit balances investigated, contact details reviewed and updated where necessary
* Preparation of potential bad debt write offs for approval by Sales Ledger Manager and Group Finance Manager.
* Prepare ledger notes and track queries for discussion at monthly ledger review
* Prepare Aged debtors summary for distribution to key company stakeholders
* Prepare and process daily cash allocations to reconcile customer accounts
This role is best suited to someone who has:
* AAT qual or studying
* Strong Excel skills
* Analytical skills with the ability to present solutions
* Excellent communication skills
* Highly motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic team player
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious accountant, looking to grow their career in a genuinely fun & friendly place of work
Contact James at Search Consultancy on /
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job