Finance Assistant to 31st Dec 2021 fixed term contract job
Finance Assistant job in Darlington
Your new company
This well recognised Darlington employer have a need for an experienced Finance Assistant to join them on a fixed term contract basis until December 2021.
Your new role
To process and pay invoices relating to pooled funds and investment properties within agreed timescales, allocating spend appropriately and assisting with other finance duties as time allows.
- Process all purchase invoices on a timely basis ensuring correct analysis and VAT treatment.
- Own and manage invoice inboxes: record invoices, respond to queries, check statements etc.
- Process weekly payment runs: GBP via a system led process (BACs) and manually raise deal tickets and money transfers for foreign invoices (CHAPs).
- Liaise with the Procurement team regarding new supplier checks, set up supplier records across multiple systems.
- Build good relationships with invoice approvers and budget holders throughout the business. Readily answer their queries and provide guidance on invoice system and processes.
- Create, review and post the daily accrual journal.
- Assist the Cost Accountant with month end processes ensuring accurate closing ledger positions.
What you'll need to succeed
Must be well organised, able to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines. - Must be a team player and ready to step in when they see something falling between the cracks. - Must be able to take ownership of and have pride in their work. - Must be able to pick up new tasks quickly, given appropriate training. - Must have good analytical skills and attention to detail. - Must have good communication skills (verbal and written), able to communicate appropriately with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally. - Good general standard of education (at least GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths). - AAT qualification is desirable. - Experience of working within a finance environment is desirable. - Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping, VAT codes, accruals/prepayments, budgets and costs centres. - Intermediate Excel skills (eg. pivot tables, lookups). - Ability to identify and resolve issues.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as an immediate start and excellent rates of pay.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Finance Assistant job in Darlington
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'