A leading British retail business are recruiting a Finance Assistant to support the Finance Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and astute finance assistant looking to gain experience within a popular and well known retail business' finance team.
Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
Support the monthly management reporting process for the Group, ensuring information is produced accurately and on a timely basis, including but not limited to:
- Ownership of the intercompany matrix for the Group, ensuring it is fully reconciled each month end;
- Reconcile the overseas VAT accounts, ensuring information is provided to our outsourced service provider by the required deadlines;
- Maintain the UK companies’ fixed asset registers;
- Business partner with the Payroll department to prepare and post the payroll journal and perform monthly reconciliations of the payroll balance sheet accounts.
- Own the accounting of one small holding entity.
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts for the UK subsidiary companies.
- Assist with ad-hoc audit queries.
- Prepare the UK VAT return on a quarterly basis.
- Submit the confirmation statements via Companies House on an annual basis for each entity.
- Provide information to the Accountants to assist with the annual tax returns.
- Business partner with overseas subsidiaries to ensure all information is provided on a monthly basis in conjunction with the month end timetable.
- Perform pension accounting at year end
- Assist the Finance Manager - Accounting and Control with the monthly balance sheet reviews of the wider finance team.
- Provide support on ad hoc projects.
- Provide support to the wider finance team as and when required.
Desirable Skills and Experience...
The ideal candidate will have...
- Strong excel skills (pivot tables, v look ups) and preferably experience using Microsoft Dynamics
- Studying towards ACCA/ACA
- 2:1 degree or above
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach with a problem solving mind-set
- Focused and committed to the tasks
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every application and therefore only successful applicants will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'