The ISTD is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated finance assistant. The ISTD is one of the world’s leading dance examination boards, encompassing a wide and diverse range of dance genres. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organisation.
The successful candidate will have good organisational, communication and computer skills, coupled with a friendly personality and a 'can-do’ attitude.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain the Society’s sales ledger including processing all receipts and ensuring all payments against invoices are carried out accurately, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and ensuring that daily receipts are banked promptly
- Reviewing aged sales & purchase ledgers on a monthly basis, ensuring that all balances are correct.
- Maintain the Society’s purchase ledger, working closely with colleagues to deal with all queries efficiently and effectively, and preparing payments for the different payment methods used at the Society.
- Carrying out company credit card analysis and posting to IRIS Exchequer
- Maintain the Petty cash, ensuring that all payments and receipts are posted to Exchequer and that petty cash is reconciled and topped up at month end
- Assist in the preparation of other reports and in supporting other activities as requested, eg bank reconciliation, control accounts etc.
- Carry out any other administrative and other tasks as necessary to maintain an efficient finance team.
- Fully numerate without a total reliance on calculation aids, ie able to spot whether a total is likely to be accurate or not, and understand where errors may have been made in order to rectify them quickly and efficiently
- At least two years’ experience of working in finance, with experience of working a range of different aspects of finance department work, such as sales or purchase ledger, petty cash, banking, payroll and expenses processing etc, knowledge of accounting systems / packages and good technical accounting and analytical skills, and the ability to understand and produce creditor and debtors listing.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience of customer liaison and support
- Ability to work to deadlines and anticipate and resolve problems within the scope of the role, referring issues to a more senior colleague in a timely fashion where necessary
- Awareness of, and commitment to compliance with, other legislative frameworks which affect organisations, eg health & safety, data protection, equality and diversity
- Experience of working within accounts within a charitable organisation
- Accountancy/book-keeping qualification
- Some understanding of VAT or PAYE
The work in the department requires high levels of accuracy and speed to meet the requirements of clients and regulators. Co-operation across the department is essential to maintain the quality of work. Normal hours are 9.00 - 17.00. However, occasionally there may be a requirement to work outside of these hours.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and detailed covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match the position advertised via email to Sintayehu.
Applications close 18th April 2018
Interviews to be scheduled w/c 23rd April 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job