We are looking for a Accounts Assistant to join a Communications Consultancy who deliver projects for, mainly around social change or government/political initiatives. In the past 2 years the business has grown from 30-120 heads. The finance team is 5 people strong and the role sits between the FC and Management Accountant. This role will evolve over 12 months.
• Setting up/manage Purchase Orders for staff after receiving a Purchase Order Request Form.
• Setting up new supplier details and payments terms on our accounting system and banking system and ensure that the new account procedures are adhered to in accordance with company policy.
• Processing invoices promptly and accurately, ensuring they are matched to PO when necessary.
• Processing corporate card expenses as per the expenses policy within the company.
• Ensuring that invoices are fully authorised and goods receipted in accordance with internal company policy.
• Perform the usual credit control checks on a weekly basis and chase client as necessary to obtain payment dates.
• Helping the Finance Team on ad hoc projects.
• Help to make the new finance system more efficient.
Key qualification / skills / competencies:
- 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job