Royal London's platform division is a growing, successful business and one of the largest employers in central Bath. Our investment platform is used by financial advisers to manage their clients' money and is marketed under the Ascentric brand. With strong financial backing from the Royal London Group and an unwavering focus on our customers; our platform has grown into an award winning, flexible and transparent service that allows both advisers and investors to view and manage their investment portfolios in one place online. We have enjoyed significant growth every year since launch in 2007 and we now look after over £13bn of our customers' investments.
Our business continues to grow rapidly and it is an open, honest and dynamic place to work. It's an exciting time to join us as we enter our next phase of growth.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Finance Assistant Manager to join the Finance team in Bath.
The main purpose is to oversee and support the Fees & Charges team through strong leadership and guidance.
* Oversee and review calculations and payments of fees and charges for advisers, clients and the platform
* Act as a key point of contact within the Fees & Charges team
* Produce complex calculations, management information and financial reporting
* Identify changes and suggest improvements to work prepared
* Ensure key business risks are controlled and mitigated in the team so that regulatory requirements are met
* Responsible for reviewing and developing team and individual performance
* Provide ongoing training and guidance to the team
* Manage all internal and external queries with regards to fees and charges
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
* AAT/ equivalent accounting qualification or qualified by experience
* Financial services experience (desirable)
* Managerial experience required
* Able to inspire a team, with demonstrable leadership qualities and excellent interpersonal skills
* Previous experience in a client facing role
* Self-sufficient and proactive attitude
* Excellent numerical skills and strong attention to detail
* Ability to remain focused and deliver accurate results in a pressurised environment
This is a great opportunity to work within a professional vibrant office for a successful organisation with genuine career progression potential
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
As part of the Royal London Group, you can expect to enjoy very competitive benefits package (including 28 days holiday and the option to buy more) and a culture that puts its customers at the heart of everything we do.