Title: Finance Assistant
Salary: up to £24,000 to £25,000 per annum
Hours: 08:00am - 18:00pm (Flexi Time)
Due to expansion our client is recruiting an experienced, enthusiastic and organised Finance Assistant, to become part of their growing team. The prime function of the role will be to carry out the Credit control duties for the firm as well as assisting the Finance Manager with the day to day functions of the department.
- Dealing with internal queries about payments, ensuring client payments are made on time and negotiating repayment plans
- Meet cash and debtor targets set by the firm
- Chase over due invoices by telephone, email and letter within agreed timescales
- Maintain accurate records
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met
- Send out monthly client statements/letters
- Processing sales and purchase invoices, expense claims and credit cards
- Completing VAT returns
- Assisting with the company’s payroll
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- An eye for detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to keep matters strictly confidential
- Experience using xero would be an advantage
- AAT qualified advantageous
- 22 day’s holidays + bank holidays
- Regular social events
- Flexi Time working Hours
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and Independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both Permanent and Temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016, at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
We are proud to work with a leading number of blue-chip companies as well as smaller SME’s throughout the region. The smart10 team are an energetic and smart team of highly experienced and professional recruitment consultants who are committed at exceeding both our candidates and client’s expectations.