Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Northwich, Cheshire CW9
Salary: £16,750-£17,400 per annum for full time - £14,674-£15,243 per annum actual salary
Job Type: Term Time, Permanent - 37 hours per week
Closing Date: Wednesday the 24th of January 2018 at 12:00pm
The College is seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant to work within an established team of three professionals, providing excellent standards of service to the college. As well as the key finance duties involving the processing of payments of invoices, banking and preparing management accounts, the department is responsible for the administration of the transport services, student financial support and administration of trips and visits.
- Processing and payment of purchase ledger invoices, ensuring that all necessary items are followed up as appropriate
- Receipt, recording and preparation for banking of all monies paid in manually or electronically to College accounts
- Processing, receipt and follow up, as required, of orders for goods and services purchased by the College
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
Trips and Visits
- Administration of educational visits, including the collection of money and consent forms from students and updating attendance registers
- Administration of the Wise Pay software used for the collection of payments including setting up trips and reconciling payments received
- Maintaining the Evolve system for managing educational visits
- Administration of the College's transport arrangements, including maintaining the database of interested students, issuing standing order forms, recording of income/expenditure and the follow up of debtors as appropriate
- Maintaining the transport section of the College website to ensure that information is current and accurate
- Booking of transport for College staff in respect of trips undertaken for College business purposes or educational visits.
- Provision of transport information to students/potential students at enrolment and open events
Student Financial Support
- Provide information to students and their parents and prospective students and their parents about the financial support provided by the College from the 16-19 Bursary Fund and Free College Meals Fund.
- Administration of the 16-19 Bursary and Free College Meals Funds including the initial assessment of eligibility for assistance and the processing of awards to students.
- The post holder will be expected to provide general clerical and administrative duties in connection with the work of the Finance Department and to undertake such other duties consistent with the job title as may be reasonably required from time to time by College Management.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Competent in the use of IT including Word, Excel, Access and e-mail
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Previous experience in a finance environment (Desirable)
- Experience of Microsoft Office, including Word
- Experience of accountancy software (Desirable)
- Skills and knowledge
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work cooperatively and flexibly with staff
- Ability to prioritise, organise and co-ordinate workload
- Attitude and impact
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work confidentially and with sensitive information
- Commitment to the ethos of the College
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible in approach to work and adaptable to changing situations
- Willingness to undertake relevant training
Please click the APPLY button and check your emails for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Cash flow Controller, Credit Control Finance Assistant, will be considered for this role.
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Credit Control
- Purchase Ledger
- Accounts Administrator
- Finance Administrator
- Finance Clerk
- Accounts Clerk
- Cash flow
- SAGE 200
- Accounts Analyst
- Financial Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job