We are working with a fabulous gift, beauty and lifestyle product design company who create trend driven products for all your favourite retailers including John Lewis, Topshop and Primark.
There is currently an opportunity for a hard-working, loyal and conscientious Finance Assistant to join the team.
Reporting into the Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for working with the finance team to provide all round support on a day to day basis across all aspects of finance, including chasing overdue payments, overseeing employee expenses and bank reconciliations, alongside daily administrative support to the team where required.
The ideal person for this role will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be working towards an accounting qualification. If this sounds like you and you’re looking for a friendly and creative company, then look no further! We would love to hear from you!
Duties and responsibilities as Finance Assistant:
- Processing and ensuring prompt payment of staff expenses and company credit cards.
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices and payments in line with payment terms.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring and chasing up of overdue payments.
- Ensuring sales invoices are appropriately added to the company invoice financing system.
- Facilitating automation and adoption of new technology into finance processes.
- Involved in implementing an 'analysis culture’, ranging from external customer and competitor analysis to internal performance analysis.
- Ah hoc administrative duties as required.
Skills and requirements for this Finance Assistant position
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience and/or be working towards a professional accounting qualification.
- Trustworthy, approachable and professional, have the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of using Xero and ability to learn bespoke systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Quick learner, keen to think outside the box and go above and beyond what is expected of you.
Please get in touch and send your CV today for this Finance Assistant role.