Picton West is working with a property company based in Southampton and together we are recruiting for a Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper.
Purpose of the Role
The role of the Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper is to provide assistance to the Financial Controller and be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records at a transactional level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper
- Purchase ledger
- Invoice approval process
- Recording invoices
- Raising supplier payments
- Producing Creditor Aged Summary reports
- Rental income and expenditure
- Record income and expenditure as per Agent statement
- Monthly reconciliation of the associated control account
- Raising regular and ad-hoc payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Recording transactions
- Producing a Bank Reconciliation report
- Client accounting
- Posting receipts
- Posting invoices for disbursements
- Preparing Landlord statements
- Landlord payments
- Bank reconciliation
- Supplier payments
- Mortgage statements - reconciliation of annual statements
- Credit Control
- Various nominal ledger reconciliations
- Answer incoming phone calls
- Action ad-hoc enquiries in line with the service we provide
- Respond to complaints promptly and efficiently ensuring that measures are put in place to avoid re-occurrence. Ensure the line manager is fully aware of both the complaint and in agreement with the intended response.
- Provide cover for other administrative duties, as required, ensuring the smooth running of the department
- Respond to all emails and telephone messages within a reasonable time scale
- Discuss monthly progress with your Manager, highlighting assistance you need and then implement any suggestions
Formal Qualification Requirements
AAT Intermediate (or equivalent) preferable
- Bookkeeping experience essential
- WP skills intermediate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- QuickBooks experience preferable
- Property Industry experience preferable
- SME experience preferable
- Multi-entity experience preferable
The successful Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper will be methodical, have a high attention to detail and be accurate in their work.
The package on offer for the Finance Assistant / Bookkeeper is a salary of £20-22k depending on experience and a Monday to Friday 9-5.30pm working week.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'