Meraki Talent are working with an independent fund management firm based in Edinburgh for a Finance Assistant to join their business on a 15-month contract.
Our client is well known for creating a forward thinking and combative environment for their employees as well as offering a market leading benefits package.
The Finance Department provides financial reporting for the firm, including the preparation of partnership and statutory accounts, along with regulatory financial and capital reporting and appropriate tax filings. They manage payments on behalf of the business, payroll, pensions and process staff expenses. The department consists of many teams such as Accounting/Reporting, Tax, Systems, Projects and Operations. The vacancy sits within the Operations team.
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and timely input of invoices, expense claims and journals onto the Firm’s accounting systems and assist with all other associated administration. To ensure reconciliations and month-end ledger close are completed accurately and on time.
Some of responsibilities will include:
- Coding and input of supplier invoices onto accounting systems for group entities
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Prepare payments to suppliers
- Coding, input and administration of employee expense claims to support business travellers
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed Asset reconciliations
- Month-end ledger close including reconciliations
- Ensure Operations team procedures are regularly updated
- Dealing with queries from suppliers, other Finance teams and other areas of the business
- Provide support and cover for other team members
The background of the Finance Assistant:
- Experience and Knowledge Strong experience of using an Accounts Payable System within a Finance function.
- Previous experience of working in Financial Services would be preferred.
- Abilities and Skills Good IT skills, proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver work to a high standard of accuracy
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Purchase Ledger
- Fixed Asset Register