My client, established in January 2015 on behalf of Northampton Borough Council, is a management organisation which maintains Northampton Borough Council’s Housing Services. They are responsible for the following: Allocations and Lettings, Repairs and Maintenance, Housing Management, Tenancy Support, and Tenancy Involvement.
Due to growth within the business and continued success with apprentices, they are now recruiting for a Finance Apprentice to join their busy team.
The focus of the role is to provide financial and accounting support to managers across the business. To provide information, KPI’s (key performance indicators), forecasting, and financial control. To support the Finance Team in the provision of accurate financial services. To deliver a range of financial services covering capital and revenue.
Main duties will include:
- To provide a detailed analysis of spend
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible
- Monitoring of KPI’s
- Aiding with queries/investigations
- Racking specific accounts and applying allocations
- To aid in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Support with Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Componentisation reporting, production of the annual statutory accounts and support the Finance team in production of budgets
- Assist with procurement processes, standards and developments
- Assist with Financial project developments
- Consistent application of all Financial Regulations and associated procedures
- Attend monthly finance team meetings and provide positive contributions to help promote cross-departmental teamwork and an attitude of continuous improvement within the organisation
Training is supported via Starting Off and will be a mix of on and off-the-job training and practical experience.
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'