Salary: £19,500 plus £1500 annual bonus paid quarterly and excellent benefits
Skills: sales, account manager, new business, telesales, warm sales, phone sales, customer service, upsell, telephone customer service, commercial experience, coordinator, insurance, assistance.
Hours: Semi Shifts: Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and 1 in 4 Saturdays 9am-1pm with day off in lieu. (35 hour week only)
About the Company
Are you looking for your first step into a Global organisation?
Based in central Croydon and in immediate proximity to the train station, trams and buses the area couldn’t be more convenient to travel to each day. You will be part of a growing team and your own personal input will be significant on a daily basis.
You will be working in a corporate environment where on the job training and development is provided to ensure you make the very best of this outstanding employment opportunity.
What will your working week be like?
The purpose of this role is to maximise Finance and Insurance policy sales by utilising your sales skills when handling telephone enquiries and updating systems accordingly.
Provide a professional, efficient and proactive sale and administration service, reflecting the brand values and the client you are representing.
- Handle all calls within performance targets and professionally following approved call scripts and sales guidance materials
- Handle customer objections in a positive manner and actively attempt to overcome these objections in line with sales guidance materials
- Actively attempt to build rapport with all callers
- Actively look for opportunities to upgrade levels of cover through effective listening and identification of customer needs
- Carry out outbound sales activity ensuring all regulatory and customers service standards and requirements are adhered to where appropriate
- Display appropriate levels of patience and empathy as and when required
- Handle complaints in a positive way, in line with company procedures
- Communicate with customers and third parties in a clear, concise and professional way
- To capture all requested data and provide information to the caller
- Ensure product knowledge is kept continuously up-to-date through appropriate research and training
- Respond to incoming correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures
- Carry out administrative tasks as required within the department
- Ensure that all relevant data is entered onto the system in a timely way, with a focus on accuracy
- Operate within and adhere to the constraints of the current FCA regulations
- Ensure that the sales process carried out follows the procedure based sales approach
- Capture all necessary information precisely and accurately relevant to product sales
- Record all daily activity for reporting purposes
- Support other operational areas as and when required
Who will suit this role?
The ideal candidate will be educated to GCSE standard and have previous experience within a telephone based customer service or sales environment, handling both inbound and outbound calls. You should also be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes;
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including English Language and Maths
- Excellent telephone manner
- A good working knowledge of Word, Excel and web based functionality
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent call handling ability
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Sound approach to problem solving
- A pro-active approach to sales
- A focus on customer service and quality
- The ability to work without supervision
Desirable Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience of working within a warranty departments
- Basic knowledge and understanding of FSA compliance
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send you CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee
Keywords; sales, account manage, new business, telesales, warm sales, phone sales, customer service, upsell, telephone customer service, commercial experience, coordinator, insurance, assistance, Croydon.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
- account manager
- new business
- warm sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job