Orka Financial is working with a well known retail business based in Maidenhead to recruit a Financial Analyst, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious part qualified finance professional looking for a varied analytical position. The successful person will gain exposure to some core FP&A activities whilst partnering with non-finance teams in a number of key areas.
• Key Business Partner to the Products, Commercial and Marketing teams to support effective and efficient management of business performance. To include robust reporting and analysis on key business drivers, pricing and promotions and the impact on members.
• Own and support the business planning process, with key business partners, including the annual operating plans, regular re-estimates and long-term forecasts.
• Perform regular reviews, analytical assessments and challenge of results vs. forecast/plan with view to ensuring and supporting commercially and financial sounds decisions.
• Support the review and analysis of other Revenue driving initiatives.
• Pro-actively support the UK month end accounting process, with particular focus on Revenues, Cost of Goods and Marketing spend.
• Working with other members of the FP&A team to continually improve reports, processes and support new initiatives.
• A highly analytical individual with experience in delivering decision making focused analysis and recommendations to senior managers
• Be able to interpret and present data/information in a visually impactful way
• Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with senior staff and be able to explain complex financial information to non-finance individuals.
• Be solution focused with a 'cando’ approach - possess strong collaborative skills and work in a consultative and engaging way.
• Be an energetic team player and be able to use their own initiative, prioritize and manage workload under pressure
• Have the ability to think differently; to question issues and be unafraid to ask challenging questions in a positive way and demonstrate a thoughtful approach to problem solving
• Be able to work with large data sets and utilise Advanced Excel skills are critical
• Previous experience in a Retailer or Consumer Products environment is highly desirable
• Experience with Oracle and Hyperion enterprise would be beneficial
• This job role will suit a Part Qualified /Finalist accountant
£30,000 - £38,000 + study support + bonus + benefits
- Financial Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Stakeholder Engagement