The Consultancy Group are currently recruiting a Commercial Finance Analyst role for a Digital Media business based in London. As Commercial Finance Analyst this role will provide insight and analysis on all aspects of commercial revenues to help make business decisions that maximise revenues and profit for the group. As Commercial Finance Analyst duties include;
- Challenge current trading patterns thereby partnering with the senior commercial management team in formulating strategies and budgets / forecasts for the short, medium and long term.
- Provide key client, agency, category analysis to the commercial and finance team to ensure revenues are maximised.
- Responsible for managing commercial rebates on a weekly basis and provide monthly analysis
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of the commercial department including the preparation of accrual and prepayment journal entries, developing in depth knowledge to explain variances to budget and forecast.
- Detailed involvement in the preparation of annual budgets & quarterly forecasts, which involves liaising with the department Directors and Heads.
- Advise key stakeholders to ensure business and investment plans are accurately translated into budgets / forecasts to ensure operational integrity from a P&L perspective
- Developing a good understanding of key performance indicators used by the business, responding to requests for management information.
- Adopt a business partnering approach when interacting with key stakeholders, providing ad hoc analysis to support decision making.
This is a Commercial Business Partnering position that requires a Qualified Finance Professional with previous commercial finance experience. The successful candidate will possess business acumen and commercial awareness combined with robust numerical and analytical skills. Media industry experience would be highly advantageous