The role of Finance Analyst:
To support the business in delivering improvements to performance understanding and insight. You will support the rest of the FP&A team in providing constructive challenge and support to the wider business.
The main purpose of the role is to improve the reporting and analysis of our core revenue stream including;
- Daily membership & operational reporting
- Weekly membership reporting and revenue analysis
- Provide monthly insight into the membership performance
- Analysis of pricing/options to support decision making at Pricing Committee.
- Provide support on short and long term forecasts
- Support on the annual budget process
- Seek continual improvements in management information capability
- Daily and weekly reporting of the membership volume performance, highlighting performance trends to improve business profitability.
- Development of membership mix reporting and tracking to highlight key performance trends (weekly and monthly)
- Provide weekly analysis of membership revenue for trade meeting.
- Support key tracking of new club performance - a critical growth avenue for the business.
- Working closely with the Senior Membership Analyst and Insights Manager to fully understand the membership performance of the clubs, developing strong relationship with Direct Debit team.
- Develop understanding of core membership processes across the business, and within the membership system, to ensure integrity of all membership reporting.
- Providing analytical support for the regular pricing and competitor meetings.
- Ensure monthly membership reporting is completed timely and accurately, developing the reporting in-line with changing business priorities.
- Heavy involvement in short term and longer term membership volume and yield forecasting.
- Support in the annual budget process and helping to ensure this is delivered in agreed timescales.
- Continual development of management information systems, to improve automation of reporting to key business users.
- 6-12 months experience post university within a financial analyst role
- Strong academic qualifications (2:1 minimum wihtin a relevant degree)
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Strong analytically and presentation skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ideally experience of working with multi-dimensional databases
- Ideally experience in multi-site leisure/retail industry
- Confidence in dealing with senior management and working cross functionally
- Able to self-motivate and work to strict deadlines
- Effective prioritisation skills, and able to demonstrate flexibility in working practices
- Basic salary c. £27-30k p.a.
- Study support (ACCA or CIMA)
- 22 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Life Insurance
- Gym membership for you and a friend.
- Auto-enrolment pension applies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job