The role's main aim is to support with the provision of useful financial and management information, which can be used for good decision-making and to identify key business opportunities.
My client are a leading retail brand with a loyal customer base, since receiving private equity backing they have gone from strength to strength and now seek additional support in their commercial finance team.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will be responsible for the following:-
- Development of structured financial and operational information, with clear links and dependencies.
- Prepare the retail budget alongside the finance manager.
- Insightful management reporting which provides a detailed understanding of the operational and financial dynamics of the operations.
- Insightful reporting of key strategic projects on a daily/weekly & monthly basis.
- Developing and operating analytics to support category management of all product
- Prepare sales and other operational targets for the categories to establish a performance management and incentive structure across the organization
- Prepare regular pricing and range analysis versus retail competitors and assist the Trading team with recommendations
- Perform regular financial reviews around ranges and individual products to help continuously improve product mix and space allocation in the stores
- Assistance with regular category reviews and deep dive analysis.
- Prepare key reports showing supplier performance, support negotiations and business development discussions with key suppliers and identify opportunities for re-negotiations
- Insightful KPI reporting for decision support and manage productivity factors
- Identifying and quantifying improvement opportunities and risks for stores.
- Business partnering with each of the divisional field team and department heads,
- Key support for the Finance Manager & senior team to ensure timely, accurate and insightful analysis.
- Ad-hoc analysis of both BAU operations and specific projects which drives and supports improvements in company capability and profitability.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Retail/wholesale experience would be preferred but not essential
- Strong attention to detail
- A real self-starter
- Strong drive for results
- Critical challenging ability
Competitive salary and stimulating working environment.