Undertaking in-depth data analysis and risk assessments across large volumes of data.
My client is a high profile company based in Swindon.
ome of the key responsibilities of a Finance Analyst includes:
- Primary responsibility for Client Funds review, reporting by currency, programme and bank account.
- Working closely with other Treasury team members to ensure cash transfers are made, approved and verified on daily basis.
- Daily Client reporting - multicurrency programmes
- Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations - Client Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable.
- Provide support for Banking Services finance activity - daily reconciliation and resolution of customer queries
- Supporting critical team activity around month end/key deadlines
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Undertaking daily/weekly/monthly analytics
- Adhere to procedures while also focusing on improving efficiency's within the established tasks
- Assess financial impact on issues identified, and work with other teams to assist them in ensuring adjustments and the recovery of commission and agent incentive payments, that should not have been made, is undertaken where appropriate
- Support the monthly reporting process on activities undertaken within the team.
- Monitoring, data analysis and reporting
A successful Finance Analyst:
- Advanced Excel skills including SQL, Visual Basic, Macros, Pivot Tables and V Lookups/Modelling Building
- Excellent data analysis and data manipulation
- Ability to work using own initiative, tenacious, inquisitive and can work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word
- Able to work across functional teams, working on multiple and complex issues simultaneously
- Attention to detail and good organisation
- Strong numerical skills - accountancy knowledge
- Familiarity with accounting systems (preferably Oracle)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, task ownership and apply sound judgement and initiative
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes and controls
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- EBS (Oracle ERP)
On offer to a successful Finance Analyst is the chance to work within a great company offering a competitive salary and benefits.