My Client, a Leading Events business based in the City of London is looking for a Finance Analyst to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Analyst will be responsible for:
- Assist the Finance Manager with the preparation of monthly management accounts for the Executive team including the Stewardship report and critical analysis of profitability on an individual event by event basis.
- Provide variance analysis by event against forecast and budget and identify any accruals/prepayments required, liaising with EVS and finance.
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist the Finance manager in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Roll over finance models each quarter and distribute to the relevant budget holders, providing support and additional analysis as required.
- Develop budget models and processes that ensure a more robust review of the budget and forecast.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the various types of events hosted.
- Analyse data to identify trends and KPIs.
- Analyse historical business to understand margins and determine unprofitable events.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the types of revenue and costs within EVS ensuring they are accurately reported.
- Work closely with the EVS team providing accurate, timely information to assist with decision making.
- Develop reporting capabilities and management information.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of relevant industry information.
- Produce event specific reports/assessments that will add value to the commercial team's sales process.
- Provide cover for the other Finance Analyst and an understanding of their day to day duties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience as a Finance Analyst
- Ideally have experience within property / events or similar sector
- You will be part qualified / finalist level in your ACCA or CIMA studies
- Finance Analyst