Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Your day to day could include:
• Provide accurate and timely accounting of Group Retail, with primary focus on International Retail and supporting the UK & ROI Role where needed.
• Ensure consistent approach across all NL Brand operational costs, aligning NL Europe to existing UK & ROI processes.
• Support the Finance Business Partner Retail and Western Europe on analysing the costs and bring understanding from the actuals posted.
• Accountable for ensuring that accurate transactional store-level data which is aligned to budgets is available in the finance system enabling you and others to give a thorough and accurate trading and non-trading cost update.
• Full understanding of trading and non-trading payroll and operational retail costs budgets and forecasts to inform identification of risks and opportunities.
• Accountable for reviewing and developing the best processes for accurate, timely transactional store-level posting in order to minimise rework at period end.
• Responsible for accurate working papers to support the posting of Retail accruals and prepayments providing accurate month end reporting.
• Accurate month end cost reporting and variance analysis for all NL Brand operational retail costs (UK, ROI, & NL Europe), providing detail and clarity on monthly cost variances and delivery of cost efficiency targets on retail operational costs.
• Support the FBP – Western Europe in the creation of budgets and forecasts, including the impact of FYE and one-off costs.
We're interested in:
• Insight: You're able to de-mystify financial performance and provide clear and concise reporting and analysis resulting in balanced guidance and judgement.
• Technical: You know Excel like there's no tomorrow.
• Experience: You've already kicked off your commercial careers and 'get' how a finance function fits into a wider business.
• Qualifications: who understands the financial implications of decisions and can make sound recommendations accordingly.
As well as the opportunity for great career progression - we promote heavily from within our ranks - there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.