Finance Analyst: Role Overview
We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join us on a permanent basis. We would like to talk to individuals who are confident and clear communicators and seek new challenges in their day to day role. As a Finance Analyst with Capita, you will be given the opportunity to work on-site with a variety of internationally renowned organisations and given the scope to develop your career both in your role and through training. This is a rare opportunity to join a group of individuals that enjoy the lifestyle of a contractor position whilst reaping the benefits of a secure permanent role.
In your role, you will initially be joining a leading Energy provider as a special project Finance Analyst, at their location in Barnwood Gloucestershire. For this position, you will be required to undergo BPSS security clearance and a drugs and alcohol test.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please don't hesitate to give me a call on .
In your role of Finance Analyst, you will initially be based within the Finance Department of this leading energy provider. You will report directly to the Special Projects Accountant and will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of the monthly claims.
Your primary purpose is to support the Project Accountant in driving financial accountability and control in relation to the collation and recording of all information in respect of applications for funding the discharge of qualifying liabilities and ensuring that processes and procedures align to the company and policies and specifications.
Key responsibilities: Finance Analyst
- Support the Projects Accountant in the delivery of the monthly claims pack with the collation of all data for each claim.
- Reconciliation of Project Managers reports to monthly claim pack and other relevant documentation.
- Chair accountability meetings with programme and project managers
- Challenge work stream leads to financial performance and identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Liaison with contract partners on work scope delivered to date.
- Actively participate in "Authority" monthly review meetings.
- Assist with all quarterly accrual substantiations and audit requirements.
- Aged Debtors / Balance sheet analysis and reconciliation.
- Ensure correct entries in financials relating to purchasing of all goods and services.
- Perform analysis of hours worked against projects rate decks.
- Produce reports and process journals.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and Accounts Payable on documentation required to back up claims.
- Work closely with Projects Accountant on business planning and business support reporting team on reconciliation of balance sheets accounts.
- Assist with the review and forecast cash flow impact.
- Support Project Accountant on all other special project work
- Cover the Project Accountant during absence
Experience/knowledge required: Finance Analyst
- A positive attitude supporting continuous improvement
- The confidence to propose ideas and challenge others views
- Proven experience in delivering quality information to tight deadlines
- Detailed understanding of SAP financials
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Minimum of 3 years of finance and accounting experience
- Microsoft Excel, advanced level
In order to apply, you should hold a relevant finance qualification such as AAT or be qualified by experience. Also, you should ideally hold or be working towards an accounting professional qualification.
Please apply via the website or directly to me and for further information please call me on . I look forward to speaking with you.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Analyst "Advanced Excel" SAP