Pontoon solutions are currently looking for a Finance Analyst to work for a leading utilities company in Coventry. This role is required to support the Performance Reporting and General Accounting team in providing comprehensive financial reports to the Executive team. Ensuring appropriate financial control with a particular emphasis on timely, accurate and complete reporting, to stringent deadlines along with input to the month-end accounting process.
- Provide financial analysis. Support financial decision-making information by collecting, analysing, investigating, and reporting financial data.
- Deal with complex and non-standard ad-hoc requests in order to support the production of performance information as and when required.
- Contribute to the month end process, ensuring the data used is consistent and accurate, the appropriateness of all inputs and outputs, and the completeness, consistency and accuracy of all data. Ensure accounting entries are appropriately classified in accordance with internal policy, accounting standards, nature of expenditure or form of control.
- Compile and produce financial performance reports, including Flash reports, Performance and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure reporting is relevant, timely and accurate. Coordinate the provision of insightful commentaries that adequately explain any data variances.
- Support Finance Managers in establishing, maintaining and monitoring the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all appropriate controls.
- Support relevant business stakeholders in Reporting, understanding and quantifying the financial risks and opportunities for their respective areas.
- Proactively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team. Support Finance Managers in meeting/exceeding all relevant targets and strategic objectives within the business unit(s).
- As appropriate, to support the delivery of change across Finance and the business, embracing new ways of working and owning delivery of key outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
- Revenue £1.8b
- Operating cost £800m
- Investment £600m
Skills and Experience
- Experience in working in dynamic environment as part of a diverse team.
- Individual track record of demonstrating commitment to achieving tight deadlines and staying the course.
- SAP and BI would be an advantage, but more important is a bright can do attitude.
- Part Qualified Accountant ACCA/ICAEW or MAAT
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job