McCarthy James are recruiting now for an excellent career propelling job role as a highly operational Finance Analyst working in a gobal manufacturing business that is very easily commutable from Leicester/ South Nottingham and South Derbyshire (inc Burton upon Trent). The role will support sites in all areas of reporting, detailed analysis, planning, support, and controls. The role will report to the Finance Director.
- Assist site in the monthly and quarterly close process for operational review and accuracy.
- Monthly / Quarterly site reporting including preparation of key monthly operational business summaries and site pack, report out.
- Compares performance with operating plans and standards and covering key performance indicators.
- Ensures detailed explanations of variances to budgets, forecasts, or prior year.
- Work with site managers to understand individual business trends in detail.
- Monitors sales, operations, and departmental spending, ensuring trends and exceptions are appropriately analyzed and followed up. Trend analysis relative to forward looking outlook for P&L.
- Department spending tracking, review and communications to management timely.
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP.
- Prepare and assist with forecasts and budgets as required, including being able to forecast a full balance sheet, departmental expenses and completion of supplemental information.
- Assist with data input, tracking, or reporting with weekly scorecards, working capital updates, cost trackers, etc…
- Prepares sales and margin reporting / analysis on machines and parts transactions.
- Perform revenue recognition verification and support to sales and finance departments.
- Assist with Inventory review including costing, excess and obsolete and safety stock assumptions with the goal to minimize and meet Targets.
- Creates templates as needed in support of the role. Use of Fourth Shift and Hyperion(HFM) tools to Excel for data Analysis.
- Work withother sites as needed for month end close on data & follow up on irregularities, become business partners to each other. Support transition and stabilization. Assist as liaison between to facilitate processes.
- Coordinate with management on SOX issues and reviews to ensure compliance. Assist with monthly, quarterly and semi-annual SOX testing, ICRM and mile marker achievement.
- Supports the development of consistent, fact-based decision making across the business, CapEx review with payback analysis.
- Annual risk insurance, tax and other ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Desired CIMA Qualified or working towards CIMA Qualification
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a financial or business analyst.
- Operational experience within manufacturing business would be advantageous.
- Must have expert Microsoft Office Products experience, specifically with Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word as well as the ability to learn corporate ERP system
- Evidence of comfort and familiarity around top management
- Willing to travel occasionally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Keen sense of urgency
- Relationship management
- Task and achievement orientated
- Time management skills, ability to plan ahead
- Attention to detail - must be accurate
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication Skills
- Sound report writing and presentation skills
- Analytical skills