Based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, our client is a well-known and rapidly expanding division of a FTSE 100 company, looking for a Part Qualified/ Finalist Accountant to join their team as a Financial Reporting Analyst on a permanent basis.
This job would suit an ACCA/CIMA part qualified/finalist Accountant who has previous experience in working in financial reporting within a large business. The job will involve using standardised processes to analyse and explain performance whilst actively benchmarking to help develop a commercial support framework for challenging performance. The job will also include responding to requests for information and providing ad hoc reporting and analysis. The individual will reduce the pressure on divisional finance teams by providing them with forecasts, budgets and other analysis so that they have the capacity to focus on business partnering activities.
The company is part of one of the biggest businesses in the UK and this division is a market leader with huge expansion plans. With unrivalled staff development programs and internal progression processes second to none, there are plenty of potential opportunities for individual development.
The successful individual will have experience of working within the finance team of a large company. Strong analytical, forecasting and presentation skills are essential as is good Excel knowledge. Proven experience of communicating complicated information in an easy-to-understand way is vital to this role. The candidate must have well rounded financial understanding and is able to build professional relationships with people at all levels.
Duties will include:
- Own and develop regular performance reporting required to monitor the business
- Ensure reporting is delivered in a way that is timely, relevant and accurate, together with meaningful and actionable commentary
- Develop and use standardised processes to analyse and explain performance
- Actively benchmark to help develop a highly commercial support framework for challenging performance
- Use of non-financial information and external benchmarks to assess current performance and project potential trends
- Respond to requests for information from the teams, and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis to answer any questions they may have
- Providing support to the divisional finance teams with forecasts, budgets and other analysis; this could involve pulling together information for new deals and contract resigns, providing information for and designing slides for budget and forecast decks, and providing analysis
- Provide accurate, timely and actionable management information
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis
- Provide support on forecasting, budgets and analysis
- Develop effective standardised and highly automated reporting with commentary and how to provide sales, margin and labour analysis that explains the key levers of performance for your business
For more information about this role or any other Finance Analyst jobs in Luton, Bedfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability