Financial Analyst/Business Partner
£50,000 - £55,000 pa plus excellent benefits
We are proud to be recruiting for a large multi-site retailer who are seeking a qualified ACCA/CIMA Financial Analyst/Business Partner retail stores experience.
Working closely with senior store stakeholders to assist them in managing their P&L and analysing regional trends as well as creating cost budgets and forecasts.
- Full financial responsibility for setting, reviewing and presenting budgets and forecasts to the wider business
- Ownership of the financial planning process, to provide analysis of the movements from previous plan and monthly store targets.
- Monthly flash payroll summary to include analysis of the LFL and new store spend, and all postings to the balance sheet / P&L.
- Support the Labour model project, to ensure store targets are understood and the business is bought into the store by store budgeting process.
- Key support to Payroll productivity and investment strategies (i.e. spend on more hours on Tills or Self Service Checkout etc.)
- Provide commercial insight and analytics to assess the merits of spend by store, and understand the returns made on investment.
- Work alongside the Business Development team in forecasting staff costs required to operate a new store and overall profitability
- Prepare and present alternative Staff Incentive Scheme models in order to drive sales and performance
- Qualified accountant with ideally at least 2 years post qualification experience in an analytical role
- Previous experience in a Commercial Finance or Stores Finance Analysis capacity
- Experience of Business Partnering with Senior Stakeholders
- An understanding and appreciation of Retail Operations
- Previous experience in planning, cost control and analytics an advantage
- Capable of operating in a changing and fast-moving environment
- A strong communicator; building credible relationships and influencing across teams through having a solid awareness of people as well as numerical data
- You will need to be driven and demonstrate high levels resilience to manage multiple stakeholders and demands
- You will need to proactively seek out efficiencies and opportunities to maximise profitability
- Must be used to fast paced environment, highly commercial and accountable
We have been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don’t hear back from a job application. We’d love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can’t get back to every application.
Therefore, short-listed candidates will be contacted for this specific role and if you haven’t heard from us within 10 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.