Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for an Finance Analyst based in Hitchin. Our client is a market leading manufacturer with a growing presence in the local region. This role will be an integral member of a small finance team and be responsible for providing support in the production of P&L and Balance Sheet reporting o a periodic basis.
Typical Duties Include:
- Processing of Month-End Journals and Reconciling Balance Sheets on a Monthly Basis
- Preparation and posting of GL Journals and carrying out regular maintenance of General Ledger, making adjustments when required
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly/monthly flash reports and forecasts
- Preparing Budgets for various Cost Centres on a monthly basis in liaison with Finance Team and Key Budget Holders
- Analysis of the movement of Stock and reporting on any excess inventory
- Responsible for assisting with annual stock take process
- Regular review of existing working practices across finance department and operational department
- Analysing Utilization within the manufacturing plant and investigating best ways to increase efficiency
- Ad-hoc project based work as required
The ideal candidate will be actively studying towards their ACCA/CIMA Qualifications. Candidates with previous practical experience of working within finance in a large manufacturing business would be preferential however would not be essential. You must be able to demostrate the ability to analyse large volumes of data and have a proven background in process improvement.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy & HR Specialists in East Anglia.
- Accounts Assistant
- Management Accountant
- assistant accountant