In this position you will provide accurate and timely accounting of Group Retail, with primary focus on International Retail and supporting the UK & ROI Role where needed. You will ensure consistent approach across all NL Brand operational costs, aligning NL Europe to existing UK & ROI processes. Constructively challenging existing processes to improve and ensure we are fit for purpose as the business grows. Support the Finance Business Partner Retail and Western Europe on analysing the costs and bring understanding from the actuals posted.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
• Accountable for ensuring that accurate transactional store-level data which is aligned to budgets is available in the finance system enabling you and others to give a thorough and accurate trading and non-trading cost update.
• Full understanding of trading and non-trading payroll and operational retail costs budgets and forecasts to inform identification of risks and opportunities.
• Employ a thorough knowledge of trading and proactive review of costs to identify risks and opportunities that may arise.
• Accountable for reviewing and developing the best processes for accurate, timely transactional store-level posting in order to minimise rework at period end.
• Responsible for accurate working papers to support the posting of Retail accruals and prepayments providing accurate month end reporting.
• Accurate month end cost reporting and variance analysis for all NL Brand operational retail costs (UK, ROI, & NL Europe), providing detail and clarity on monthly cost variances and delivery of cost efficiency targets on retail operational costs.
• Support the FBP – Western Europe in the creation of budgets and forecasts, including the impact of FYE and one-off costs.
• Support the wider team on accounting across the Group.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Ability to de-mystify financial performance and provide clear and concise reporting and analysis resulting in balanced guidance and judgement.
• Ability to work under own directive as well as the wider team
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel
• Continued re-evaluation and development of key Processes
• Open and receptive to new ideas and concepts
• Relevant practical experience gathered across a range of roles in a broad profit-driven business context.
• A part-qualified accountant who understands the financial implications of decisions and can make sound recommendations accordingly.
HOW WE WORK:
• Ensure that we deliver the best we can and challenge the business when needed
• Provide an inspirational environment where people feel motivated to grow and develop
• Ensure processes are efficient and information is reliable by working cross functionally
• Consider the impact of your work in relation to deadlines and stakeholder requirements
• Actively look for ways to improve the way things are done to improve efficiency of tasks and the accuracy of information
• Open and maintain lines of communication, with finance and cross functional areas, to ensure information is shared effectively
As well as the opportunity for great career progression, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.