An exciting opportunity has become available for a finalist/ newly-qualified accountant to join the commercial arm of a large international charity.
This is a perfect role for someone with 2-3 years experience working in a management accounting/ analytical role, who is looking for a newly-qualified level position which offers excellent training and progression opportunities.
You will be working in a hard-working, passionate and supportive team who will offer you brilliant exposure and responsibility.
Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Assist in the production of budgets and 5 year plans, working with Senior Management (supported by the Senior Finance Analyst and Finance Manager where necessary) and providing an appropriate level of challenge and scrutiny to the process
- Take responsibility for understanding budget changes within your designated areas and provide insightful variance analysis and commentary to aid understanding
- Provide regular forecasts and ensure that senior management understand the changes
- Support the team with budgeting and forecasting headcount and communicating the implications of changes to the relevant functions
- Provide structured financial support to specified areas within the charity. This could include the collection of data, setting up and management of databases, analysis of data and reporting on results
- Produce both monthly and quarterly reports and management accounts for specified areas within the charity and take responsibility for any associated month end tasks
- With the support of the Senior Finance Analyst and Finance Manager as appropriate, discuss financial performance with senior managers and Directors, highlighting areas of concern and advising on the various options to counter these
- Support the team with the production of headcount reporting, and provide insightful commentary on the changes
Process/ Control Improvements
- Work with the Senior Finance Analyst and Finance Manager to develop reporting within the team, making use of the various different reporting tools and ensuring reporting meets the needs of senior management
- Identify, contribute and, where appropriate, lead on projects to develop new ideas and implement improvements in financial processes
- Support the team in the accounting system upgrade, particularly in the redevelopment of existing reports in light of the changes and in the development of new reports to maximise the capability of the new system
- Act in a supervisory capacity, providing support and guidance to junior staff to aid their development
- Work alongside the Senior Finance Analyst and Finance Manager to ensure that the team support the charity in a consistent and proactive manner
- Ensure appropriate, timely and clear communication of financial and administrative information
Candidates must hold a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) or will be at finalist stage in their studies.
Candidates from all industry backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job