Finance Analyst Logistics
My established client based in Rushden is recruiting a Finance Analyst on a permanent basis. This position is supporting the Finance Manager in the analysis and reporting on supply chain/logistics performance and initiatives to ensure optimal decision-making across both the EU Finance and Global Logistics functions. Located in Rushden, with occasional travel to the London Head Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Analysing trends to support financial targets, assist in preparing insights & recommendations to drive and support business decisions, deliver P&L cost savings and productivity goals.
- Maintain Logistics/Supply Chain dashboards and KPI's. Analyse any variances to plans/budgets and prepare appropriate commentaries explaining these variances and costs.
- Produce accurate financial and management accounts, including month end accounting processes and posting of appropriate journals to the general ledger. Able to articulate monthly results and analysis with global partners.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process, with relevant analysis and presentation to senior management.
- Daily interaction with the Logistics, Head Office Finance and Customer Service teams, at a local and global level. Maintain relationships with our Brands (UK & US) to support operational, tactical and strategic decision making.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:-
- Qualified accountant or studying to become qualified (CIMA/ACCA), with experience in a similar role within Finance in an Operational or Supply Chain environment, preferably within the fashion retail industry (or other FMCG).
- High degree of initiative and ownership, someone who is continually curious and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving environment where change is the norm.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with an ability to interpret data in various formats, and an excellent standard of verbal and written communication.
- Able to meet deadlines, working with pace and urgency. Can successfully balance multiple priorities, with a disciplined, logical and practical approach to problem solving.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and knowledge of Oracle system would be an advantage.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop in their career if they have come straight from studying, r still studying and is looking for more experience, so if you think this could be you, please email your CV now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job