As a projects finance analyst you will be at the forefront of digital change in the Northern Region and will have a unique insight into the projects that shape the strategic direction of the business. This role will support the management of all financial information in relation to those projects and offers a great mix of business partnering, forecasting and month-end accounting exposure.
What you will be doing
Month End Duties
- Ensure monthly actual costs charged to projects are accurate and complete, ensuring that all internal staff costs are correctly recorded and capitalised against relevant projects and that all external costs for suppliers and contractors are accurately allocated and accrued.
- Manage the monthly forecasting process, collaborating with Project Managers to produce accurate and transparent Capex forecasts for Technology projects across the Northern Region, highlighting any risks and/or opportunities to the Finance Manager.
Reporting and Financial Insight
- Support the Finance Manager and lead the preparation of the monthly Finance pack to key stakeholders including the FD, Functional Board Directors and Senior Change Forum members providing added value insight and recommendations where applicable.
- Collaborate with the PMO team, Project Managers and Business Change to understand underlying drivers behind in month and FYF variances, escalating any risks/opportunities to the Finance Manager.
- Other duties include support with the provision of cash flow information and reporting to FP&A and Treasury teams, loading of monthly financials into the Group planning tool (Daptiv), monthly HFM reconciliations and any further ad hoc analysis where required.
Governance, Stakeholder Management & External Audit
- Support the Finance Manager with project governance and control of the baseline budget in SAP ensuring finance data is the single source of truth.
- Manage capital work in progress and ensure conformance to group policy on the capitalisation of tangible and intangible assets created through the programme.
- Build and withstand strong relationships with Project Managers to ensure finances and financial governance remain at the forefront of the projects agenda.
- Provide support in delivering any audit deliverables required to both internal and external audit teams and dealing with any ad hoc queries that arise.
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant/Passed finalist
- Comfortable handling large volumes of data and summarizing salient issues
- Ability to work closely and build rapport with non-finance managers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Advanced excel and modelling skills
- A continuous improvements work ethic (better, faster, cheaper)
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
Working within TUI group
Be Yourself… Be Unique! TUI’s more than a brand, it’s who we are. Trusted – Unique – Inspiring.
We’re the leading tourism business with diverse customers and over 67,000 employees. Together, we embrace different continents and cultures. We believe travel broadens the mind. Just like our customers, we’re on a journey, of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. We believe that differences drive innovation and we’re encouraging an environment where diverse talent thrives. Inclusion is fundamental to everything that we achieve and it’s our unique colleagues that will shape the future of travel.
The TUI Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies. TUI is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Our airline is the country's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'