Reporting to the Head of Finance. Responsibility for the development and production of reporting requirements to support the commercial and financial requirements of the UK companies. Assistance in the provision of the finance departments external reporting requirements. Preparation of management accounts and information.
- Managed Billing + Reporting
- Your principle responsibility is to manage the monthly billing, financial reports & analysis, mainly for presentation to the clients but also for internal review
- This involves the production of monthly invoices for Management with the help of our Indian processing team SKP. This includes actual cost invoice, estimate (if applicable) and fixed fees.
- Also in co-ordination with our SKP team, the analyst is expected to answer Sharepoint queries relevant to their aircraft in a timely fashion to help the flow of purchase invoices processing onto Sage and Airops as well as reducing the potential for error in the monthly recharges
- The monthly recharge invoice is to be presented and reviewed by account managers, before being submitted to the client. The account manager should expect the analyst to know the principal commercial terms of each aircraft contract and ensure the monthly invoicing reflects those terms, but the account manager is ultimately responsible for checking the commercial accuracy of these reports. Analyst should provide some narrative to the Account Manager to explain anything unusual
- The Analyst is expected to provide to the Account Manager a monthly Budget to Actual cost comparison to present the client for actual costs of the trailing 12 months against budget which includes the latest month of fully disbursed costs (usually available three months subsequent to the month in question).
- The analyst will work in conjunction with the account manager to produce annual operating budget
- In addition to the client Budget to Actual P&Ls, a monthly P&L for internal purposes should be produced which should be as accurate as possible to the final expected costs for the period. This should be given to the Management Accountant for purposes of accurate accruals + profitability analysis for the monthly management accounts
- The analyst is also expected to be the gatekeeper for cash flow management information on for use by both the Account Manager and the cash manager in Finance. This includes information on contractual payment terms, actual payment history & expected payment dates as well as monitoring actual exposure levels.
- You will be expected to work closely with the Account Manager to assist in the collection of receivables for which they are responsible, within agreed the terms of the contract. This assistance will include timely resolution of client queries on the billing.
- You will also be expected to support the Guardian in documenting & formalising any changes to the contract terms (emails, side agreements, revised schedule 2)
- Manage SKP + flow of information through Sage + Airops to ensure there are no nasty surprises in the management accounts.
Other Areas of Analysis
- Profitability analysis & efficiency reporting
- Customer / Business Unit Profitability analysis
- Complicated Purchase Ledger processes
General accounting activities:
- Ad-hoc support as required
- Development of financial and administrative processes to aid the speed and accuracy of reporting requirements
- Progressive involvement with all areas of the finance function, including supporting other areas during times of high demand and managing a range of balance sheet reconciliations
- Assistance in the provision of management accounts, forecasts, budgets and the audit process as and when required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a dynamic and fast moving finance environment.
- Systems proficiency in Excel and a good working understanding of accounts and stock software packages
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of departments and people at all levels
- An understanding of the personal responsibility required to deliver results and an ability to work on their own initiative
Analytically competent and naturally inclined to challenge processes and procedures and find practical alternatives
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'