Finance Analyst / Commercial Finance Analyst : TV and Film Industry
Harmonic are proud to be working on an exclusive basis with one of London's premier post-production and video editing companies. Well-known for working on Oscar-winning feature films they have won several national and international awards.
The business is located in the heart of Soho in a beautiful architect-designed office which was recently refurbished, although there is a very enlightened management attitude towards flexible home working if required.
Despite recent growth (50% since last year) and a strong net profitability, the company has retained a great tight-knit 'family' feel, with excellent diversity. They are also very values-led which no doubt contributes heavily to a staff turnover of near zero over recent years.
The business currently outsources the production of the Management Accounts, Stat, VAT and P11ds etc to a bookkeeper and an accountancy practice. As the first internal Finance hire for the organisation, you will be tasked with initially focussing upon the commercial finance aspects/FP&A. Commercial financial analysis and project accounting experience is an absolute must. The client have recently gone live with an MI reporting dashboard and you will therefore need to display some background in FP&A or business partnering, ideally within a business whose revenue streams are linked to project-based billing structures.
Candidates who have aspirations to become a Financial Controller will be given the opportunity as they progress to highlight which tasks can be 'in-sourced' and taken under their wing. This role is therefore ideal for a current Finance Analyst who has a passion for commerical finance, but wishes to develop their skills into broader duties.
There is a marginal preference for candidates to work five days a week. However, the client will also welcome applications from candidates seeking to work a 4-day week for instance.
- Project accounting - helping with invoicing, billing, profitability reporting.
- Management information - owning the dashboard and producing agreed MI on
- a monthly basis, with a pertinent commentary.
- General book-keeping - accurately reconciling bank transactions, processing receipts and expenses, owning and maintaining our accounts in Xero.
- Setting up and paying suppliers within agreed terms.
- Debtor book - carefully managing clients to reduce average debtor days while maintaining great relationships.
What we'd like to see (Essential):
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part or fully-qualified
- Experience within an arts-based organisation (TV, Film, Music, Events, Theatre etc)
- Solid FP&A experience alongside good all-round Management Accounting experience
Interviews: This week
Please forward an up-to-date CV to be considered for interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job