Our client, a global leading investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions; is seeking a Finance Analyst for the Brokerage team.
You will be responsible for managing the balance sheet reconciliation and revenue and expense reporting for the Institutional Brokerage business in EMEA and APAC. The role will act as a key link between the business and the clients accounting function, providing accounting with all of the revenue and expense data required for their daily, monthly and quarterly reporting. The successful candidate will be the key contact to provide management with MI relating to revenues for different business lines and products, generating reporting on a daily basis. The role will also act as the main point of contact with their clearer for accounting queries.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the day-to-day reconciliation of our revenue and expense data to our books and records at the clearing house and establish good quality operational Financial Control processes.
- Generating and distributing daily revenue and expense reporting to management.
- Performing month-end trial balance reconciliations between revenue reporting systems, General Ledge (Peoplesoft) and the clearing house trial balance
- Construct and deliver timely relevant ledger entry formats to Finance.
- Managing the RPA (Research Payment Account) process, reconciling between the clearing house RPA accounts, TSIFirmview system and CARR revenue reporting system. Handling FX sweep process and associated journal entries at the clearing house. Processing research provider invoices and payments on behalf of clients.
- Act as the key liaison point between the Institutional Brokerage business and the client's Financial Control.
- Provide enhanced MI to senior management around revenues for different products and business streams.
- Related industry qualification, (preferable ACA / ACCA/CIMA) or qualified by experience in a multi-currency Financial Services environment, with a university degree.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual who has an excellent attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem solving skills are required to evaluate financial results and projections.
- Strong MS-Excel skills - intermediate to advanced level.
- Organisational skills are needed to prioritize work assignments, handle large volumes of data and manage projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong process and procedure development skills to ensure good Financial Control.
- Experience of the brokerage business is essential.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job