Paying 18,500 per annum
Location: Fujitsu Warrington
Responsible for execution of defined finance processes within a specific Finance Specialism that underpin the provision of transactional-based services to Finance and the wider business. To develop a good working knowledge of defined processes, relevant systems, policies and procedures within the scope of the role, and to demonstrate sound knowledge and skills acquired from training provided. Not expected to have relevant work or technical experience in any specific field for this entry-level role into Finance, but willing and able to apply training and direction received to competently achieve successful process outcomes with limited need for daily supervision.
* Responsibility: Works independently within clearly defined procedures, having received appropriate training on relevant systems, processes, scope and objectives of the role.
* Complexity: This role will be responsible for performance of a defined set of finance processes, within agreed time scales and standards, within a largely standardized work flow environment. Activities may include General Ledger transaction processing (e.g. journal entries, data-entry, batch processing); Data Processing and Reporting (e.g. compilation/generation of reports from pre-defined sources for financial analysis, cost controlling and performance measurement); Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transaction processing (e.g. invoice and order processing, cash and payment recording and allocation).
* Business impact: Works reliably, competently and accurately to ensure that finance processes are executed as expected within the defined control framework. In particular, accuracy of transaction processing or reporting that drives management information for decision-making, or trading positions with business partners, such as banks, customers and suppliers, is key to supporting effectiveness of business processes and ensuring accuracy of business information.
* Problem-solving: Responsible for delivery of pre-defined processes and dealing with day-to-day operational queries, with prompt escalation of more complex issues to line management for resolution.
* Experience and expertise: Typically performing routine activities having received specific training and guidance. Not expected to have prior experience or acquired relevant expertise, although may have relevant work experience or educational achievements to enhance competency and performance in the role. Expected to be able to effectively absorb and assimilate training and guidance received on process requirements, systems and tools. Expected to deliver processes to consistently high standards and to communicate clearly and confidently during day-to-day interactions with line management, internal or external customers to effectively respond, clarify and inform. Likely to be entry-level roles for Finance apprentices or trainees, or for those seeking largely administrative roles with highly standardized, transactional processing responsibilities.
Key Performance Indicators
* Competently selects and applies appropriate operating procedures to ensure completion of processes on an accurate and timely basis and compliance with relevant internal controls;
* Process or control issues are promptly raised with line management to drive improved process efficiency and highlight potential financial risks;
* Consistent achievement of process deliverables within defined time frames and reporting deadlines;
* Proactively seeks to improve knowledge and understanding of process objectives, requesting appropriate advice and guidance where necessary;
* Reliable, motivated and committed to achievement of high operational standards;
* Exercises sound judgement and effectively utilise available tools and resources;
Kelly Services are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Kelly Services are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this job
- Accounts Payable
- Data Processing
- Financial Analysis
- Accurate Record Keeping
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job