Finance Administrator - Media Business
Our client is a global Media events and publishing business, they hold over 22 events across the globe, concentrating on the business of wholesale telecommunications. With a reputation for excellence, they provide extensive networking opportunities and the optimum environment to make new business connections and identify new business growth opportunities.
Due to continued growth they are now looking for a Finance Administrator to join their fast paced team.
- Setting up events on all in-house systems and keeping them updated
- Invoicing and credit control for delegate and sponsorship invoices
- Securing full payment from all clients in advance of the event
- Improving customer service systems and processes
- Provide accurate information to the finance team including revenue reports and event reconciliation
- Proofing edits to sponsorship contracts comply with our legal time to be sent to clients
- Ensuring all bookings are on the booking system by the deadlines set
- Maintaining client accounts
- Ensuring invoices & events comply with VAT legislation
- Pre-event credit control to encourage fast payments
- Assisting with ad-hoc queries from clients
- Excellent communication skills - able to deal with people at all levels, good written communication and confident telephone manner. Foreign languages are beneficial, but not essential.
- Confident, able to work with minimum supervision to strict deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Extremely organised - able to multi-task, work on multiple events at the same time.
- High attention to detail
- Show initiative and be proactive to ensure quick and effective problem solving
- IT skills - Databases (experience with Salesforce is beneficial, but not essential) Advanced Word and Excel, numerate - invoicing, budgets (including multi-currency events) and credit control
- Proactive approach, willingness to show initiative and accept responsibility.
- Flexibility to travel internationally to deliver customer service onsite (1-2 trips per year)
- Competent in processing large amounts of data quickly and accurately
- First-rate computer skills and competence within Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to work well within a team
- Previous data admin/ customer service/ office experience is essential
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
- Invoice Processing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job