Terry Foods, a family-owned business in the food ingredients trading industry, is looking for a first class administrator to support the Finance Manager in delivering accurate financial information that is essential from both a management and legislative point of view
The role involves:
- Accurately inputting Purchase and Sales ledger information onto the Sage accounting system
- Recording all debtor & creditor transactions
- Confirming the accuracy of all debtor and creditor invoices and credit notes and ensure all are within agreed limits
- Liaising with debtors to encourage prompt and full payment of any outstanding debts
- configuring and running finance reports as per instructions
- Providing other general administrative functions as and when requested
You will have:
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel, along with a track recording using either a finance based system or an administrative system that requires data manipulation. Experience with Sage would be an advantage.
- A confident, polite, yet assertive telephone manner as liaising with suppliers and customers is an integral part of the role.
- A logical, structured and methodical style and, as with many businesses that are subject to peaks and troughs of activity, are able to work under pressure in a mature and composed manner.
The role is essentially to support the Finance Manager, but inevitably in a small business there are occasions when it is necessary to support other departments. Consequently a willing, helpful and patient manner is vital
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.30-5.30. The salary is £18,000 p.a.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job