An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full time Senior Finance Assistant working within our clients accounts payable team.
Within this role, you will be managing trade supplier invoices for payment, ensuring all invoices are compliant to supplier terms, investigating price and unit queries in order to minimise loss to the business and pay suppliers as to agreed terms of trade.
Duties will include:
· Account management of Trade suppliers.
· Proactively manage accounts payable debt to minimise risk and manage recovery to timescales.
· First point of escalation and support for more complex invoice matches and supplier queries.
· Analyse and report upon invoice matching financial information to drive improvements in the accounts payable process.
· Support the review and development of best practice accounts payable procedures and processes
· Own and drive change with non-compliant suppliers seeking root cause solutions.
· Team player with a positive, professional and enthusiastic nature
· Clear, confident and concise verbal and written communicator at all levels.
· Proactive approach to problem solving.
· Competent with all Microsoft Office applications (in particular Excel).
· Excellent organisational skills, including adaptability to differing deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail
· Builds and uses an effective network of contacts.
· Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data, interpret the results and drive the outcome
· Minimum of 1 year previous work experience within an accounts payable environment or similar accounting position, preferable.