Talbot Homes, is a growing property developer, operating within Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire. With our Head Office based in Banbury, Oxfordshire we have a small team of loyal ambitious staff who are helping our growth plans. We now require an experienced finance administrator who can support management in the financial administration of head office and construction sites.
From our first development of one house some 3 years ago, to now building multi million-pound development sites. Our ambition is to grow further into a medium sized developer building up to 20 houses per year.
We are an exciting business, where quality in our developments has allowed us to grow rapidly.
We are looking to recruit a Finance Administrator to join our accounting function, working alongside our Management Accountant, and reporting directly to the senior management team.
The main purpose of the role is to operate the day to day financial administration of the business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who already has finance experience in the construction industry and is looking to develop and progress within the role.
Responsibilities and Duties
The role has key tasks as outlined below:
- Processing of supplier invoices, including matching against delivery notes and purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers, including dealing with disputes or queries
- Preparing weekly payment runs to suppliers and issuing remittance advice notes
- Reconciling the bank account on a daily basis
- Assisting with preparation of a weekly cashflow forecast
- Manage, record and reconcile all Petty Cash and Credit Card transactions making sure all VAT claimable is recorded.
- General office administration
- Ledger control and maintenance up to Trial Balance
- Liaising with the Management Accountant to prepare month end management accounts
- Preparation of key financial reports
- Preparation of monthly VAT returns for review by the Management Accountant
- Processing timesheets and management of staff mileage claims
- Liaising with the Management Accountant in order to process the monthly payroll
- Prepare and issue monthly CIS vouchers to subcontractors
- Liaising with the Management Accountant in order to submit monthly CIS returns
- Ad-hoc support to assist with the year-end accounts process
Qualifications and Skills
You will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop and manage working relationships.
Proven experience within a similar role is essential, where you will have been using your strong numeracy and analytical skills. You must be able to multi-task and prioritise a busy and demanding workload. You will be a team player, who is able to remain calm under pressure.
You will be accurate in your approach to work and be able to keep attention to detail whilst working to tight deadlines. You should be proficient in the use of Quickbooks or similar accounting packages, with good working knowledge of Excel.
- Administrative Duties
- Interpersonal Skills