One Year Finance & Accounting Internship - Aldershot
Add an annual turnover of $22.3 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We are excited to announce multiple openings for One Year Accounting/Finance Internships at our Business Support Office based in Aldershot. This position will begin in summer 2019 and offers solid professional learning and development opportunities. The ideal candidate will portray strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent organisational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
Working with the Business Management department of 16 people, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of a number of our growing departments.
The deadline for applications for this position is Friday 30th November 2018.
Initial stage telephone interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 10th December 2018.
Assessment centres are scheduled for week commencing Monday 18th February 2019.
The start date for this position is Monday 15th July 2019.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Upholding fiduciary responsibility by providing accurate and timely financial reporting
- Assisting in the production of the monthly management accounts by preparing & submitting journal entries and accruals
- Financial statement and balance sheet schedule reconciliation and investigation as needed
- Acting as a business partner to improve operations, provide useful reporting to support cost control and add value to the business.
- Maintain a culture of ethical practice that demonstrates Enterprise core values
- Work with departments to improve efficiencies in their operations and support them in group initiatives
- Provide exceptional customer service and operational support to all operational departments
- Foster and maintain a positive and fun work environment
- Maintain and improve a strong system of internal controls
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of the monthly financial statement process
Attributes needed for this role will be:
- strong analytical, communication & organisational skills with the ability to pay attention to detail
- a demonstrated ability to prioritize and juggle multiple competing tasks & demands
- intermediate knowledge/proficiency of a variety of computer software applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- good interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain sensitive information and records
- ambition to pursue a Business Management career path
The successful candidate will:
- be a current 2nd year university student looking to spend their 3rd year in industry
- be studying finance or accounting or a closely related subject
- be on target to achieve a 2.1 (based on results and/or predicted grades)
- be able to pass a security check including financial probity/basic criminality
- students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement during July 2019 for 12 months
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'