Job Title: Filemaker Developer
Location: Poole, Dorset
This is a rare opportunity for a Filemaker Developer to join a vibrant IT team base in Poole.
Working within the existing IT team, this role focuses on the continual improvements to a key company product database written in Filemaker, as well as other supplementary Filemaker databases used within the business.
The custom Product database has grown with the business over the last several years, with new functionality developed on a mainly ad-hoc basis. Whilst this has meant that the application has been able to adapt readily with new business requirements, this has led to a large and unstructured database, which performs poorly under load.
The primary initial task for this role is to reorganise the Product database table structure into a more manageable and efficient entity, leading to performance gains and a more rational database. This task also involves removing redundant features that are no longer used within the business.
Upon completion of the primary task, the role changes focus to prioritise the continual improvements to the Filemaker Product database that have been on hold whilst the database restructure takes place.
Main activities include:
- Refactoring existing critical Filemaker application in order to make supportable.
- Providing 2nd - 3rd line Support for Filemaker applications and integrations with third party applications.
- Analysis of new requirements, defining scope, assessing impact,
- Adapting existing Filemaker databases and troubleshooting any application support issues.
- Producing technical and user documentation for the Filemaker
- Development & testing of new Filemaker applications where appropriate.
- Analysing data to validate integration systems are functioning correctly and diagnosing any issues as well as implementing improvements.
Required background and knowledge:
- At least 5 years' commercial I.T. experience working with Filemaker Pro Databases including:
- Filemaker Server applications
- Supercontainer document storage
- Auditing applications via SyncDek
- Filemaker Go applications
- InspectorPro or equivalent database schema interrogation software.
- Experience working with complex data migrations, including data reconciliation procedures.
- Planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and work to strict deadlines.
Experience with WMS and ERP systems would be beneficial
- Full UK driving licence
Additional Required Technical skills:
- MS SQL Server skills - including T-SQL, Integration Packages (with C#), Reporting Services
- Microsoft Office, including vba development skills.
- Application deployment procedures
- Knowledge of Windows and Mac OS desktops.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/