Media monitoring that’s beyond measure
M4 Corridor/ South Coast
BARB (The Broadcasters' Audience Research Board) is responsible for the measurement of the number of people watching television in the UK, on behalf of the television companies and the advertising industry.
Viewing estimates are obtained from panels of television owning households representing the viewing behaviour of the 24+ million households within UK. The panels are regionally representative of ITV & BBC. In each panel home, electronic "Peoplemeters" are attached to each TV. Each meter automatically identifies and collects information about the programme and channel that the panel member is viewing. This information is collected via modem each night and is then used to derive the ratings data for the BARB subscribers. Ratings data are available the next day, 365 days a year.
Our Field Technicians are responsible for installing and maintaining the TV, PC and Tablet monitoring equipment and software in panel households.
Leading the way in the exciting world of media research, we provide the most accurate and comprehensive intelligence on media consumption, performance and value. At Kantar Media we power media choices. Our insight, expertise and best in class data and services help clients to measure, monitor and select the most effective media. Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 12 world leading research, data and insight brands at Kantar. At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients to flourish in an extraordinary world.
- Install and maintain metering equipment and software in panel homes and also remove monitoring equipment from homes who wish to leave the panel.
- Educate panel members in the correct use and care of the metering equipment and Kantar monitoring software.
- Store monitoring equipment in safe conditions when not installed in panel homes.
- Resolve or escalate any problems caused by monitoring equipment or software in panel homes.
- Liaise between Kantar Media management, office staff & panel members as necessary.
- Report all field technicianing activity, including appointments, visits made, mileage etc.
- Timely return all faulty meter equipment, clearly labelled.
- Maintain the company vehicle in a roadworthy, clean condition.
- Ensure SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are satisfied within specific timeframes.
- The ideal candidate would have a wide ranging technical skill set based around installation and faultfinding of domestic networking ,software and AV equipment. We would also consider a background in commercial installation and support of video conferencing and multiroom installations.
- Technical ability to install & service the TV metering equipment. The meters are non-invasive, meaning that it isn’t necessary to open TV sets and other devices. A thorough understanding of A/V routing (scart, RGB, Composite video, HDMI etc) in domestic environments is essential.
- Knowledge of home networking, routers,, Windows PC`s and Apple Macs/ Excel / Word and Hardware / software configurations and installations.
- The ability to work without direct supervision to a high standard. The field technician will be responsible for arranging some appointments with panel members for service calls to designated households, and these must be done in a timely manner.
- Exemplary customer care skills. The field technician is the representative of Kantar Media in the panel members’ homes. Meters are installed only with the permission of the panel members, and it is therefore essential that the field technician remains professional, prompt & courteous in all dealings with panel members.
- Detailed knowledge of TV and peripheral technology, supplemented possibly with a qualification in electronics, audio, video or television servicing.
- A full driving licence and prepared to drive within the UK mainland and associated Island, this may require overnight stays, therefore, flexibility to work away from home.
- C.R.B check documentation.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job