DEPARTMENT: M2 Field Technical Operations Department
LOCATION: North East
M2 (an SCC business) is a leading managed print IT service provider.
Reporting to the National Technical Manager, the role is responsible for implementing and managing the business strategy across technical support operations in the field.
To support the region with functional expertise both internally & externally. Working in partnership with all business functions to add value to the role.
The Regional Technical Manager will be responsible for driving customer focus through knowledge and best practice, whilst protecting service revenues through business knowledge. Versatile, with the ability to maintain own development plan in line with business objectives and development to the team of Field Technicians to provide continuous improvement across all M2 customers.
- Technical Specialist (x 1 minimum)
- Team Leader (x 1 minimum)
- Between 5 and 20 Field Technicians
- Overall responsibility for achieving M2 UK performance measurements individually & across the team.
- Visits per day
- Cost per visit in line with set budget
- Effective visits per day
- Calling Ahead/DBD
- Return To Fit Rate
- Regional stock management of vehicle/on-site/hub in line with budgetary control
- Staff training plan
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Directly manage a team of Field Technicians within a geographical district, to develop and coach the team in order to achieve the company performance targets on an individual basis, through 1-2-1’s & team level through weekly/monthly meetings. In turn ensuring each Technician has the development and training to carry out their duties effectively.
- To manage and carry out the following activities within the FR regional district.
Post call audits
Customer service reviews
In order to ensure any non-adherence to Company procedures are highlighted and actioned.
- Direct local responsibility for the following activities within the region.
Recruitment & selection
To ensure the above activities are carried out in line with Company guidelines so attracting, retaining the quantity / quality of staff to meet the business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Understanding and achievement of the Company performance objectives in line with budgetary responsibility.
- Excellent industry product knowledge
- Numerate and computer literate
- Application of ideas and techniques from analytic number theory
- People management skills in planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling
- High level of interpersonal skills, displaying leadership with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients.
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer handling & relationship skills
- Conversant with current employment legislation (desirable)
- Health & Safety compliant (IOSH)
COMMUNICATIONS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
All service departments up to Director level, including operational departments such as Field Support, Service Desk, IT, SOP and CRM on service related matters inclusive of problem and query resolution.
Pre and Post sales up to senior manager level, to discuss and offer support on regional service related issues.
All the relevant Administrative Departments, including HR, Security, Finance & Credit control, to act as a last stage in service related procedure.
M2 customer, at all levels in ensuring customer satisfaction is obtained.
- M2 Partners, at all levels in ensuring the smooth flow of resources in obtaining and retaining business channels as well as supporting partners with pre and post sales activity regarding service related escalation procedure.
SCOPE FOR IMPACT
Assist in the implementation of Personal Development Plans within individual geographic district, ensuring understanding and compliance from the team, ensuring the development of all field technical personnel, through team meetings & 1-2-1’s.
Analysis of individual and regional performance statistics, in order to identify training needs and to coordinate corrective actions in line with company objectives.
Due to the reactive nature of the industry the role is subject to considerable change at short notice as well as being faced with a diverse nature of problems requiring resolution, often in very short timescales.
The majority of information handled, both for customers and employees contain material of a sensitive nature and needs to be handled with discretion and in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Management Skills
- Managed Print Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job