Field Service Technician, North East
£28,000 - £32,000 + ample opportunity for overtime.
Excellent benefits including company van, laptop, mobile, pension and bonus scheme
Our client is a world-leading lifting equipment manufacturer serving manufacturing and process industries, shipyards and harbours with productivity enhancing lifting solutions and services.
Offering an excellent maintenance service for all crane brands, for port equipment and machine tools they are looking to grow their existing field service team of almost 60 Engineers who are involved in the repair, maintenance and service of their customers' lifting equipment.
They are committed to the personal development of all their employees and provide all equipment and PPE as well as offering excellent company working practices and an industry leading training programme.
To perform preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical overhead travelling cranes, trouble-shooting equipment malfunctions, consulting with customers on repair and safety related issues, generating sales leads during service call and completing appropriate documentation.
* You must be apprentice-trained or equivalent and fully conversant with electrical engineering disciplines
* Engineering experience: Electrical: 415v ac 3 phase motor contactor control circuits both squirrel cage and wound rotor. A good understanding of 110/48 volt relay and contactor circuits. Some frequency speed control device experience.
* Mechanical: Medium to large drive couplings, brakes and reduction gearboxes.
* Knowledge of the above tasks and the associated risks when working at height.
* Experience with overhead cranes and hoists is preferred, full product training will be given
* Willingness to work rostered day shift [pattern) 5 days out of 7 ( 39 hours over 5 days) Scheduled weekend working will attract enhanced premiums. Working one weekend in every month.
* Good grasp of the English language (verbal and written)
* Strong interpersonal skills as there is extensive customer contact
* Proven commitment to safety
* You must be physically fit and able to work at heights
* Willingness to work extra hours
* Hold a current driving licence
* Possess a UK work permit